I’ve have received several complaints against the Razer Blackwidow V3 double typing issue. This particular problem can be considered as one of the biggest threats to Razer’s integrity in their machinery towards their fans.
Razer Blackwidow is manufactured to be a hyper beast that endures millions of fast-paced clicks to deliver the needful and cutting-edge experience to the user. The keyboard is well-made with an impressively compact design and offers a clicking sound that feels like music to the ears.
However, Razer Blackwidow double typing is measured to downgrade the potential of the dominant peripheral. The mind-bending issue has left several individuals bewildered and eager to find the reason behind this exhausting issue.
What causes Razer Blackwidow v3 to Double Type?
There are several reasons involved that contribute to double typing. However, few are dime-a-dozen and leverage the keyboards to commence their assailing.
Your keyboard might be double typing due to:
- Stuck debris between keys or dirty keys.
- Faulty drivers
- Obsolete firmware
- Insufficient power supply
I’ve mentioned below working solutions that will entirely fix your beloved keyboard and may not let you question your spending.
7 Ways to Razer Blackwidow V3 double Typing Problem
Keep your Keyboard Keys Clean
One of the very reasons behind the malfunctioned keyboard relies on the hygiene of your beloved peripheral. Cleanliness is half of faith; similarly, it applies to your electronics as well. Cleaning your keyboard once a week may help you maintain the life of the keyboard for an extensive period.
However, It can be perplexing for individuals to clean Razer Keyboards due to technological advancements. Therefore I’ve mentioned below an efficient method to clean the keyboard as per the guidelines given by the noble company itself.
How to Clean Razer keyboard?
Here are some quick and easy steps to clean your Razer Blackwidow v3 keyboard:
- To begin with, unplug your keyboard from your computer; if your device is connected through a connector, then kindly unplug it.
- Take a lint-free microfiber cloth and wet it with a hint of an alcohol-based cleaning solution (70% of isopropyl alcohol is preferable)
- Before cleaning, ensure the surface of your keyboard is free from visible dust or debris.
- Maintain the moisture away within miles from your device openings (especially under keycaps.)
- Effortlessly remove keycaps if your keyboard has removable caps. Otherwise, flip your keyboard and blow a few bursts into the keyboard to swish away the dirt or stuck debris from your keyboard.
Keep in mind, do not contact liquid to your keyboard, and otherwise suffer a defeat of your costly keyboard.
Moreover, if you’re looking to clean your dedicated white mouse in the best way, be sure to read our comprehensive blog about cleaning a white mouse.
Alternatively, you could also just use a can of compressed air to make sure that no debris is blocking the keys, here’s a good compressed air machine that you can use.
Plug/Unplug your Device
Perhaps your dedicated peripherals start to glitch due to the improper booting of your computer, resulting in spammy clicks or double clicks; for that exact purpose, it is recommended to unplug the device and plug it back in after waiting for 1-2 minutes. This essential method has vitally solved the problem for many baffled individuals. However, if it happens again, it is preferred to follow the technique again.
Reboot your Computer
Due to a load of caches and multi-tasked tabs, some of your peripherals start to act negatively against your PC. Therefore restarting your computer can be a viable option to assist your keyboard in jogging at the perfect pace again!
Check for Firmware Updates
The obsolete Razer firmware leverages your peripheral to disable some needful features temporarily; therefore, frequently checking for firmware updates and keeping the software up to date will ensure your keyboard works in a preferable manner.
How to check for Firmware updates?
Easy steps to update your Razer Blackwidow v3 keyboard firmware:
- Download the Latest Firmware Update. Ensure to close all other working apps and Razer Synapse before indulging in updates
- Run the firmware on your PC. (The installer will induce you to close Razer synapse, if you’ve already done that, click “OK” to proceed.
- Connect your keyboard to your PC
- Wait until the firmware is updated.
- Once the firmware has been successfully installed, click “Close” to exit the installer.
Uninstall Razer software.
The faulty or improper installation of Razer synapse or other software halts your peripherals from working at preferable performance. However, if you’re confused about completely removing the software, then it is recommended to follow the steps below to remove Razer software.
How to Remove Razer Software Entirely?
- Navigate Add/Remove Programs in Windows and uninstall all Razer Software.
- Open Windows Services and make sure to stop them all.
- Now, open task manager and check for any running Razer processes; eliminate them if they are working.
- Later, navigate the folder where you’ve installed your Razer software and delete it completely.
- The Razer software is entirely deleted now
- Download a fresh copy of Razer Synapse 2
- Process Installation
- Log into Synapse and let it update to the newest version.
- Reboot your system.
The steps mentioned above may completely uninstall Razer software and aid in solving the Razer Blackwidow V3 double typing.
Run Windows 10 Keyboard Troubleshooter
If The problem persists, it is always viable to run a keyboard troubleshooter and let windows handle the petty situation. Windows troubleshooters are vitally designed to fix compromised hardware.
Steps to run the keyboard troubleshooter:
- Click on start and follow to Setting. Or just short keys ( Win I)
- Navigate Update & Security, then click Troubleshoot
- Now click on additional troubleshoot
- Locate the find and other Problems section and select keyboard> Run the troubleshooter
- Follow all the given instructions.
Turn Off Repeated Keys
Due to some intensive gaming, you may press the keycaps for a longer period that motivates double click without you knowing about it; therefore, you can manage the repeated key presses to sustain a single click every time you utilize your amazing keyboard.
How to Turn off Repeated Keys?
- Type Settings in the given search bar.
- Click on Settings
- Click Accessibility to open the panel.
- Switch the Repeated Keys to Off.
Subsequently, you can adjust the delay slider to control how long you have to hold a key until it clicks again; if the slider is set to higher, it is preferred to lower it to decrease the chance of double typing.
Contact Razer Support
If the problem persists in your fortunate keyboard, it is critical for you to take a drastic turn and contact the Razer support team to provide professional assistance to you. However, if your device is recently purchased, you have a good chance of replacement!
The tips mentioned above may help you fix the Razer Blackwidow V3 double typing problem and help you achieve the desirable gaming experience with flying colors.