So you’ve been getting the radeon software warning whenever you try to open the application, however the problem only happens with the AMD Adrenaline Edition Software so I’ve compiled 6 ways of how you can completely get rid of the problem!
Here’s Why The Software Warning Occurs
The most common reason for why the software gives an “incompatible graphics card drivers” warning is of course, because of compatibility issues with either your operating system or your GPU Drivers. Sometimes even when you’ve got the latest drivers and a compatible operating system even then the software gives a warning.
A lot of the time, players have been complaining that the software works for the first 3-4 times and then starts to give the warning, so make sure that your PC/Laptop meets the requirements first.
Here’s The System Requirements For The Adrenaline Edition Software:
- Operating System: Windows 11 Version 21H2 or Windows 10 64-bit
- A Compatible AMD Graphics Cards
How To Fix The Radeon Software Warning
1. Reinstall Drivers For Your AMD Graphics Card
The first step is to always try to safely reinstall the graphics cards of your AMD graphics, here’s how you can do it:
- Type “Device Manager” into the windows search bar and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard
- Next, Double Click on “Display Adaptors” Tab
- Right Click on your GPU and press “Uninstall“
- After that, head to this link and download the respective drivers for Your GPU
- Restart your computer and windows will automatically reinstall the drivers
Alternatively, you can also watch this video to safely reinstall the drivers for your AMD graphics card:
2. Uninstall The Adrenaline Edition Software
The simplest way to fix any kind of malfunctioning software is to simply uninstall it, if you still want to use the features of the AMD software then there are a couple of amazing software like MSI Afterburner or Razer Cortex that provide the same features as the Adrenaline Edition Software.
How To Uninstall The AMD Software:
- Type “Control Panel” into your windows 10 search bar and hit “Enter” on your keyboard
- Next, click on “Uninstall a Program”
- Locate the AMD Software
- Right Click on it and click “Uninstall”
3. Reinstall The Software
Reinstalling the software 2-3 times has been known to permanently fix the problem for many users, here’s how you do it:
- First Uninstall the Software by going into control panel
- Go to this link and download the software again
- Follow the instructions to download
4. Rollback Your Graphics Drivers
If the software was working before installing a driver update then the problem most likely lies with the current GPU drivers, the best way to fix this is to simply rollback the drivers for your GPU.
Now there are multiple ways to rollback the drivers for your AMD graphics card but I’ll tell you the best way:
First Locate The Current Version Of Your GPU
- Open Device Manger
- Expand the Display Adaptors section and right click on your GPU
- then select “Properties”
- After that click on the “Driver” Tab and you’ll see the driver
Manually Install the Old Driver
- Go to this link and download the older driver
- Run the software and follow the instructions
5. Run Software As Administrator
- Right click on the AMD Adrenaline Edition Software.
- Go into the “Compatibility” Tab
- Select “Run as administrator” option
- Apply the settings
6. Install The GPU Drivers Without The Adrenaline Edition Software
- First , download the drivers for your Graphics card
- Let the software extract and run and when the main window appears, click on “Cancel” instead of install
- Next, copy the location for the adrenaline drivers
- Go to device manager > click on display adaptors, select the GPU and click on update drivers
- When the screen appears, click on “select drivers manually” and paste the location for your drivers into there
- Finally, your drivers will be installed without the adrenaline software
Alternatively, you can also follow the steps laid out in this video:
These are the 6 best ways to fix the AMD radeon software warning problem, however the best fix is to install the drivers without the adrenaline software and simply use another software which has similar features.